Tic Price adds 6'10 Lemon Gregory

Big T

You beat me to it Coach. I know that I shouldn't expect too much from this team this coming up season. Many of the guys are new and have not played DI ball, they haven't really had time to gel with each other on the court, they are still learning the Tic Price system, yada yada yada. I'm sorry, but when I look at this roster my expectations are high for this team. I don't think a winning record in the SLC is out of the question. I don't think 12-14 wins is out of the question. I am excited to see these guys on the court competing. This is a talented group of guys that Tic has brought in that will only get more talented with the addition of next years recruiting class. I don't know what lines Tic is feeding these guys that is getting guys this talented to come to Lamar as Walk-Ons, but this is beyond impressive.

You beat me to it Coach. I know that I shouldn't expect too much from this team this coming up season. Many of the guys are new and have not played DI ball, they haven't really had time to gel with each other on the court, they are still learning the Tic Price system, yada yada yada. I'm sorry, but when I look at this roster my expectations are high for this team. I don't think a winning record in the SLC is out of the question. I don't think 12-14 wins is out of the question. I am excited to see these guys on the court competing. This is a talented group of guys that Tic has brought in that will only get more talented with the addition of next years recruiting class. I don't know what lines Tic is feeding these guys that is getting guys this talented to come to Lamar as Walk-Ons, but this is beyond impressive.

+1 I hope they can get E'Torrion Wilridge.

Could you imagine getting E'Torrion, Chris Harris, and Dorian Chapman? Holy shit! Haha It will be very tough to get E'Torrion here but with the way Tic Price has been able to convince guys to come here it's is certainly not out of the question.

It is simply remarkable what Tic has been able to do since he took over the program: given the awful last two years and the academic probation, I thought he'd struggle to get anyone here with talent. Clearly, that's not the case. Obviously, the proof will be in the record the team can put up, but this is a better start from a talent perspective than I thought was imaginable.

I do hope the young men on the team realize that getting off the APR list in 2015 will require a good year in the classroom from everybody on the team: it's not a cliché this year to say that it's just as important for them to get results in the classroom as on the hardwood.

Could you imagine getting E'Torrion, Chris Harris, and Dorian Chapman? Holy shit! Haha It will be very tough to get E'Torrion here but with the way Tic Price has been able to convince guys to come here it's is certainly not out of the question.

E'Torrion recently took an official visit to Middle Tennessee State. I hope he is still considering Lamar.

I think the excitement Price is bringing to the Cardinal Program is fantastic. In my opinion, Price is doing everything a head coach could possibly do in this type of situation. He knows the process... recruit, recruit, recruit.. and then some more recruiting... Keep it up Price. Good job.

I would caution the faithful that if Price is our guy we are going to have to give him time. The challenge that he has taken on, in my opinion, is more difficult than starting a new team up from scratch. Building a program is just that..... one block after another....

I say he needs at least 3 years maybe 4 before we can even grade his coaching job. If he has a winning season THIS year, he would have my vote for coach of the year regardless of what any other coach does. A winning season would be phenomenal. Here is to a winning season.

I like the way Coach Price is building this program. I'm eager to see how the early signing period plays out. It could be an outstanding class to add to this one. I think with the Cards facing a post season ban this current class including the 2 walkons, exceeds what I anticipated on paper.

I pray that translates to production on the court but agree it's going to take time to build a solid program.

Edited by bigred360